Saturday, May 23, 2009

a model, a bride - now for beer

Today I was a model. I thought I had two shoots lined up but the second one never confirmed, which kind of bummed me out since that was the one that would have paid money. But, I think that we got some really great shots in this morning.

Theresa, a local make-up artist, fixed my hair and got me all dolled up. I wore fake eyelashes for the first time in my life! I showed up at 9.30am and didn't get home until 1pm - so it was a long morning. She provided a wedding dress (which fit a little snug) and 2 photographers. The guys shared a few sneak peeks with me, and they were pretty sweet. I'm so anxious to see how they all turned out!!!

Little girls are fascinated with brides, it seems. We encountered a few people and a few kids today, and they were all filled with compliments. They're so cute, and yet they tell me I'm beautiful. It brings a smile to my face to come across admiration and kindness. Theresa kept asking me "did you hear that?" when someone would walk by. Apparently they were complimenting me and I was completely oblivious. This seems to happen to me frequently. I had to chuckle to myself.

I also contemplated the idea of a wedding. I think (and this is my humble opinion) that if you've found someone you truely love who loves you in return, then it's great idea. There is love out there, and those who find it are very blessed indeed. My sis is one of those people. However, already in my young life I've seen people tie the knot for all the wrong reasons. I've met quite a few ladies who think that at age X, you're supposed to be married with a house and kids, and if you're not then you're some kind of unspeakable failure. I've never found the logic in this. If all you really crave is the focus of "oh! she's the bride" and everyone fussing over you and congratulating you, I think it wise to admit you just might be a selfish person and just throw a ginormous party soley for the purpose of being the center of attention. There's no reason to drag legality and other people's lives into the mix. And there's no shame in being honest, either. Parties are cheaper than divorces anyway.

My apologies if I just shit all over your dreams.

After I got home, I was still in a "picture-taking-mode" so I snapped a few vanity shots of myself. Who doesn't do this from time to time? Besides, I had professional quality make-up which I couldn't do myself, and fake eye-lashes to boot!

Now I think I'll close day 1 of my 3-day weekend with a nice home-cooked meal and some geeky computer activities...and maybe a movie. The roommate's in Arizona, so I've got the place to myself! Perhaps I'll run to the store for some beers, first...
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment