Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Back in Cali - Missing Oregon

Now I'm back in San Diego from Oregon, and I already miss it so much. I want the mountains and the woods and the hiking right outside my door. I wasn't turned off by the weather at all, and I loved the vibe of the northwest. I'm already deciding between getting a truck or an SUV when I move up there! I can truly say that my heart is in Oregon.

The scenery was truly amazing and so gorgeous. Here's a taste of the beauty of Oregon:

Multnomah Falls




View of the Columbia River from the trail at Multnomah Falls

Rose Garden

Oregon!!!

When I left Portland, I took the Sunset Highway west to the coast and the historic 101 Highway. I'm so glad I did!! The Oregon coastline is another world compared to SoCal:


And I haven't even begun to really explore the state! I'm so glad I took this trip - I now have a visual of where I'll be, and that's added motivation to eliminate my debt and save those dollars. And the best part is that I'll be doing it all by myself - I won't have to ask for handouts or be a burden to anyone else. I know that 'pride goeth before a fall' but I pride myself in being self-reliant and independent. It makes me feel good about myself.

Tomorrow I start my new job, and I'm feeling pretty optimistic about it - things will work out for the best!

As the wonderful Robert Nestor Marley said: every little thing is gonna be alright.

No comments:

Post a Comment